Warranty Terms & Conditions
We will only carry out repairs under this warranty if you agree to these conditions. Please take time to read them.
1. You must decide whether to authorize us to take your vehicle apart. We will only accept the cost of taking it apart if this is required as part of an authorised repair under this warranty.
2. We are not responsible for any statement or claim which contradicts the conditions of this warranty, unless we support the statement or claim in writing.
3. If we do not carry out the repair under this warranty ourselves, we will not pay more than the manufacturer’s list prices for parts. If we must order parts from outside the UK, we will pay only the UK price of an equivalent part. We will pay labour costs that are necessary to repair those parts, in line with the repairer’s warranty labour rate. Actual repair times will be limited to those in the latest Glass’s Guide Institute of Chartered Mechanical Engineers (ICME) manual or the manufacturer’s recommended repair times. With every claim you make, you must provide a VAT receipt from the repairer, who must be authorized to carry out the repair.
4. You have the right to cancel this warranty within 14 days of receiving this handbook and Product Schedule. Should you wish to cancel within this period please contact either your supplying dealer or the administer, who will arrange cancellation and full refund. Unless cancelled in accordance with the cancellation rights detailed above, in normal circumstances no refund will be make and in no circumstances if a claim has been made.
5. If you don’t follow the manufacturer’s service schedules or maintain the vehicle as recommended by the manufacturer, this warranty will not apply if the problem was the result of you failing to follow the service or maintenance recommendations. When you have your vehicle serviced, your vehicle can be:
a. 1,000 miles either side of the service mileage; or
b. Four weeks either side of the period given; whichever comes first
It is important that you keep your service receipts as we may need them to confirm any repair request you make. Your vehicle must be serviced by a dealer who is registered for VAT, unless we agree otherwise.
6. This warranty is valid for breakdown in the United Kingdom (which includes Great Britain and Northern Ireland but excludes the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man). The warranty is also valid while your vehicle is outside the United Kingdom but within the European Union, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, or the European Free Trade Association countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) for up to 60 days a year.
7. We reserve the right to inspect the vehicle before authorising repairs and may also arrange for parts to be examined by a qualified engineer.
8. If more than one part has failed at the time you contact the administrator, it will be dealt with as one claim.
9. This warranty does not cover the following:
a. Repairs, replacements or alterations not authorized by us or the administrator.
b. Any vehicle where the speedometer or odometer has been interfered with, altered or disconnected or does not work.
c. Routine servicing or maintenance of a vehicle.
d. Repairs to vehicles which have been modified after the sale of the warranty and that modification has contributed to the failure or has failed itself.
e. Any vehicle used for hire or reward such as taxis, driving school, courier / delivery vehicles, or any commercial vehicle with a GVW weight of more than 3.5 tonnes or a vehicle used in any sort of competition, rally or racing (this includes ‘track days’).
f. Repairs to vehicles which are used in a public service capacity (e.g. police vehicles or ambulances).
g. The gradual reduction in operating performance of any part (fair wear and tear) due to the age of the vehicle and / or the number of miles it has covered.
h. Any liability for death, body injury, or damage to other property or any loss caused directly or indirectly by the claim or event giving rise to claim under this warranty how so ever caused.
i. Any damage which is due to any type of accident.
j. Any damage which is a direct result of negligence or of any wilful act by you or any third party other than JCT600 or its agents.
k. Any parts which are replaced as part of normal servicing requirements.
l. Any damage to parts which are being recalled by the vehicle’s manufacturer or which have design faults.
m. Any failure caused by faults which a qualified engineer thinks could have reasonably existed before the warranty began.
n. Any damage to components due to the use of contaminated or incorrect fuel.
o. Components / repairs covered by any other existing warranties or insurances.
p. Any loss, damage or failure which a qualified engineer appointed by the administrator thinks could have been avoided or was totally or party caused by lack of maintenance
10. This contact shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any and all disputes arising in relation to this contract shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. The period of the warranty is as detailed in the Product Schedule. It should be noted that in the absence, for whatever reason, of the standard manufacturer’s warranty period, the start date and expiry date of this warranty will remain unchanged from that detailed in the Product Schedule. Additionally, if the warranty starts earlier than the date detailed in the Product Schedule, because the manufacturer’s warranty has expired earlier on mileage, then the expiry date of this warranty shall be earlier and reflect the period of warranty purchased / provided.