This insurance covers the cost if your tyre needs to be repaired or replaced following a puncture or accidental damage. The policy covers up to 5 tyres at £125/£300/£450 per tyre, depending on the policy selected, and the maximum amount for puncture repairs is £50 per claim up to the maximum aggregate claim limit.
This insurance policy will cover the cost of repairing alloy wheels in the event of sudden and unforeseen damage or, should the wheel be damaged beyond repair, will pay up to £150 towards the cost of a replacement wheel. The policy provides up to 10 alloy wheel repair claims at a maximum of £150 per claim up to a maximum limit payable of £1,500.
Laser & Diamond cut repairs
If you have laser cut rims / diamond cut alloy wheels it may be necessary for the alloy wheel to be removed from the vehicle and sent to a specialist repairer for re-manufacture, a process that can take up 10 working days. Under these circumstances, unfortunately the insurance does not provide for any other costs incurred whilst the alloy wheel is being repaired.
- Covers the cost to repair or replace damaged tyres (maximum of 5 tyre replacements during the period of insurance up to
£125/£300/£450 per tyre, depending on the policy selected)
- Unlimited puncture repair claims at a maximum of £50 per claim, up to a total limit payable as specified in policy schedule.
- Maintains your and your family’s safety, by always having completely safe like-for-like tyres on your vehicle
- Covers up to 10 alloy wheel repairs up to £150 per claim up to the maximum amount payable (£1,500).
- Helps protect the appearance and value of your vehicle by covering the cost of repairs to your alloy wheels
- Helps to keep your alloy wheels looking as good as new
What's not covered?
- Chrome finish wheels or wheels of split rim construction
- Where the cost of repair or replacement is recoverable under any other insurance or warranty
- Where damage is caused by using the tyre at the incorrect tyre pressure or for costs relating to roadside assistance, towing etc.
- Where the damage to your tyre or wheels is deemed to be a manufacturing defect or where manufacturer recommendations
of use have not been followed
- Where loss or damage to your tyre is caused by a road traffic accident, fire or theft
- Where the tyres are below the legal limit at the time of damage occurring
- Where the damage to the alloy wheel is not reported to the administrator within 7 days of the incident occurring
- General wear and tear, corrosion, neglect or a defect which is deemed not to be damage.
The full list if limitations, exclusions, terms and conditions is given in the Tyre and Alloy Wheel Insurance policy document.
You will be eligible if;
- You are 18 years of age or over
- The vehicle has been purchased from a supplying dealer
- The vehicle is registered in the UK Channel Islands or Isle of Man
- You are a resident in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man
- The vehicle is not a commercial vehicle over 3.5 tonnes, emergency vehicle, taxi, bus, truck, motorcycle or vehicle used for hire or reward, dispatch, driving schools, road-racing, rallying, pace-making, speed testing or any other competitive event
How to make a claim
You must contact the administrator of the policy (Premia Solutions Ltd) IMMEDIATELY following damage and BEFORE any repair or replacement.
You can manage your policy by creating a ‘MyPremia’ account with the Administrator by logging onto https://www.mypremia.co.uk/ and clicking ‘Register Account’. Your ‘MyPremia’ account will allow you to access your policy documents, update personal details and submit or manage a claim.
Alternative contact details can be found within your policy document.
Process for Tyre Claims
- Premia Solutions Ltd will advise you to take your vehicle to an approved repairer. You must also take this certificate of insurance and your policy schedule
- There is a section on the claim form which must be completed by the approved repairer
- You must settle the cost of the repair or replacement of the tyre directly with the approved repairer
- You must then send Premia Solutions Ltd the completed claim form together with the original car invoice and the tyre repair invoice that you received from the approved repairer. You may also be required to provide photographs of the damaged tyres
- Premia Solutions Ltd will then assess your claim and subject to the terms, conditions and the level of cover you have, send a payment to you.
Process for Tyre Claims
- You will be required to provide photographs of the damaged wheel
- Premia Solutions Ltd will then assess your claim and subject to the terms and conditions will authorise an approved repairer to undertake repairs to the wheel to their best endeavour.
Policy administered by:
Premia Solutions Limited
3 Corunna Court
Premia Solutions Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.