Do you consider yourself a true MINI enthusiast? Maybe you think you know all there is to know about one of the most iconic car brands in history?
We know that MINI owners old and new are passionate about their cars, and passionate about the brand, but there’s always more to learn. We’ve created a 14-question quiz to test your knowledge and hopefully teach you some new facts along the way.
Have a go below, and share your results on social media to let us know how you did!
Not quite got your fix of MINI facts? Here are some more…
- All four members of ‘The Beatles’ owned Mini Coopers.
- At the London 2012 Olympics, remote-controlled Minis delivered javelins, hammers, shots and discuses to the competing athletes.
- The original Mini was launched as the Morris Mini Minor and the Austin Seven on August 26 1959.
- The Mini’s space-saving transverse engine and front-wheel drive layout, allowed for 80% the car’s floorplan to be used for passengers and luggage.
- In 1986, Noel Edmonds saw the five millionth Mini off the production line.
- With its earlier models the company offered the optional extra of wicker picnic baskets.
- When designing the Mini Alec Issigonis, was challenged to design and build a small, affordable, fuel-efficient car that was capable of carrying four adults.
- With over 4 million cars sold globally, by 1977, the classic Mini’s popularity had taken off around the world. However, Americans never quite got the chance to buy one as the emissions regulations meant it couldn’t be sold.
- In October of 1999, the concept for a new MINI was unveiled at the Paris Auto Show. This was just a few days before the final Classic Mini rolled off the production line.
If you haven’t already, give it a go. And don’t forget to share your result!
JCT600 have been an approved MINI dealer since 2001. Visit our new MINI page to browse our latest deals.
At our MINI dealership in Bradford, we have represented the MINI brand since 2001.